Greek Lentil Pasta Salad
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- water to thin out
- 8 oz dry pasta
- 1/2 cup dry green lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber seeds scooped out
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced red onion
- 1 roasted red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Boil lentils in veggie broth with bay leaf until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Discard bay leaf. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for dressing. Whisk in extra water, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, until creamy consistency is achieved.
- Combine pasta, lentils and prepared veggies. Toss with desired amount of dressing (you may have leftover dressing).