Easy Meatballs with TVP
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 10 meatballs
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 7/8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce, or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup flour (any kind) or breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring veggie broth to a boil and pour over tvp. Cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes until completely absorbed. (A beef-flavored broth, such as the Better than Bouillon No Beef Base, will make these taste more convincing.)
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine into a thick dough that holds together. Depending on the type of flour you use, you may need to add extra.
- Add salt as needed, depending on whether the broth and Italian seasoning contain salt.
- Shape mixture into 1-2″ balls.
- To bake, cook in preheated 400°F for 20 minutes.
- To pan-fry, heat a few tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry meatballs for 5-8 minutes, tilting the pan to roll them around and brown.