Vegan Filipino Corned Beef Hash
Corned Beef Spice Blend*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
Corned Beef Hash
- 1 package Beyond Burger or 8 oz beef-style crumbles
- 1 medium russet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium tomato seeded and chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons corned beef spice blend
- olive oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together ground spices. Set aside.
- Drizzle some olive oil into a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cubed potatoes and a splash of water. Cover and allow to steam for 5-8 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove lid and add onions and garlic. Continue to fry until onions and garlic are tender and fragrant and potatoes have taken on golden brown color. Add extra water as needed to keep ingredients from sticking to the pan.
- Add in Beyond Burger and break it up in the pan with your spoon. Add corned beef spice blend to preference (I usually add around 2 teaspoons), and continue to fry until faux beef is cooked to your preference.
- Stir in chopped tomato and cook until just warmed through. Serve with rice.