Black Bean Brownies
These brownies are dense, fudgy and packed with protein and fiber! Sub tahini in for coconut oil for a lower-fat option.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour**
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, or sub nut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°Grease an 8″x8″ pan.
- In a food processor or blender, purée black beans and wet ingredients until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, except for chocolate chips, and process until a thick batter is formed, scraping down sides of blender as needed to ensure an even consistency.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into greased pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until puffed up around the edges and mostly set in the center. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting; they firm up at room temperature.
**You can sub in most kinds of flour here; regular all-purpose, chickpea, oat, etc.